We’re looking for a Head of BI to lead Puls’s BI team. The role will lead projects such as building the data warehouse, optimizing the customer experience, understanding technician lifecycle (onboarding, engagement, retention), and running experiments. As an analytical partner to the entire organization, the role will drive business understanding for team members through ad hoc data requests, creating and maintaining dashboards, and proactive analyses. You will partner with all departments (Operations, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Product, Engineering) to help shape our products/processes and grow the company.
The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field and have experience working with large data sets and data-driven decision making. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product. You have the ability to work on multiple tasks and deal with ambiguity and change.
● Develop and execute on a cross-functional roadmap for BI
● Define goals and KPI’s for departments and projects, and ensure teams achieve desired
● Partner with cross-functional partners and leadership team to continuously improve
customer and technician experience
● Design and execute special projects that build new capabilities at Puls and allow us to meet
our collective goals
● Build strong relationships across functions, partner with executive leadership and their direct
reports across the company and monitor their performance and strategy execution.
● Proactively identify problems through quantitative and qualitative data analysis and help
support the team in developing solutions and build business cases for new initiatives.
● Drive investigation of ad hoc issues
● Create and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance
● Guide experimentation plans and validate statistically accurate results
● Partner with Data Engineering to ensure the right metrics are created and validate accuracy
● 5+ years of experience with quantitative analysis, preferably at a tech company or startup
● 3+ years experience manipulating data with SQL, Python or other programming languages
● 3+ years experience with BI Tools, preferably Tableau
● 7+ years of experience in a technical role in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
● 2+ years experience with statistics and A/B testing
● Experience managing team members
● BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical fields.